Nicholson’s pubs are launching their National Beer Showcase 2017 across 77 pubs from the 11th September to 22nd October. Running for six weeks, the celebration of beer and Britain’s best breweries will feature 28 new beers. Events across the estate include guest talks, workshops and tastings.
Attendees can also pick up their complimentary There’s A Beer For That guidebook to learn more about the ‘District Beers’, which include Mjango Unchained, Rye the Hell Not and Ryeders of the Lost Cask. Also available to the showcase will be the oaked pale ale, Two Bays – a collaborative beer from award-winning breweries Adnams and Cigar City Brewing. Brit pop fans will get to sample a beer created by Yorkshire band Shed Seven and Rudgate Brewery, exclusively available at Nicholson’s Pubs from 1 st October.
Joining the Beer Showcase from 8th October will be Nicholson’s own-brand Porter, back by popular demand after a three-year hiatus.
Showcase event highlights include:
- The Old White Swan (York) – on 20th September, competition winners will get to visit Yorkshire’s Rudgate brewery to find out how the Britpop band, Shed Seven’s, ‘Going for Gold’ beer is made. The brewery tour will be followed by a launch party at nearby pub, The Old White Swan, as well as a meet-and-greet with the band themselves.
- The Mitre (Cambridge) – on 28th September, Adnams will be hosting an exploratory tasting of their new collaborative beer, Two Bays, created with Florida’s Cigar City Brewing.
- The Shakespeare, The Shakespeare Inn, Bacchus Bar & The Old Contemptibles (Birmingham) – Purity Brewing Co will host four events on 13th, 20th, 27th September and 4th October, featuring live beer-making demos alongside five halfpint tastings with hand-picked food pairings.
- The Coal Hole, The White Swan, The White Lion & The Wellington (London) – to celebrate the welcome return of Nicholson’s own-brand porter, St Austell’s head brewer, Roger Ryman will lead an immersive West End pub tour and tasting in October for a selection of competition winners. The Nicholson’s app will give users access to special offers and exclusive content throughout the showcase. Special offers and prizes will include access to:
- ‘Pop Up Punks’ tasting experiences with Brewdog
- ‘Meet Your Local’ sessions with Meantime Brewery and personalised Meantime cans
- ‘Homebrew Club’ Q&A workshops with Marston’s ‘Beer Buffs’
Ben Lockwood, Beer & Cider Procurement Manager for Mitchells & Butlers, comments: “With this campaign showcasing everything that’s great about Britain’s Beer and British Pubs, we’re excited to have engaged with our very own regional Cask Masters and given them the freedom to create six cask ales that their guests will love. We’ve added an exclusive transatlantic collaboration from Adnams and Cigar City with Two Bays that we know will be extremely popular, alongside our very own Nicholson’s Porter and the Shed Seven Rudgate beer, ensuring everyone will find a new favourite being poured this Autumn.”
For the full listings of events and dates visit www.nicholsonspubs.co.uk/beershowcase.