8 GREAT REASONS TO JOIN CASK MARQUE
1. THE PLAQUE
34% of beer drinkers would not order a second drink if they thought the quality was poor – the Cask Marque plaque is a ‘kite mark’ for quality cask ale.
2. FREE MATERIAL
4. YOUR PUB ON THE WEBSITE
5. THE LOGO
7. STAY UPDATED
8. GET DOWNLOADED
Why Should You Join Cask Marque?
Many licensees ask us what the commercial benefits of joining Cask Marque are. Does it really increase sales of cask ale? Does it have a positive benefit on business and can it increase the number of customers visiting your pub?
Cask Marque conducted a survey of over 1,000 random Cask Marque accredited licensees to see if they had benefited from having the accreditation. The results surprised even us!
- Over half the accredited sites we interviewed said their customers know Cask Marque was a ‘badge of quality’ for beer
- 88% of pubs who responded reported they had seen increased sales since gaining the accreditation
- 98% of accredited outlets said they would recommend the scheme to other licensees
Why sell cask ale at all?
Let’s look at some of the facts about Cask Ale published in the 2016-17 & 2017-18 Cask Reports.
- Cask drinkers visit the pub more often than other drinks – 42% go to the pub weekly, or more
- They spend more money in the pub, £1030 per year – 30% more than the average drinker
- If the quality is good, they bring other drinkers into the pub – 72% will reommned the pub to their friends
- They are more loyal to their cask pub of choice
- Cask ale value to pubs has grown 22% in the last 5 years
- Cask ale continues to grow its market share and accounts for 58% of on-trade ale
ABOUT CORPORATE MEMBERSHIP
The benefits of becoming a corporate member are shown below:
- The ability to sponsor pubs for Cask Marque accreditation. To help, a third of your subscription cost is returned in the form of credits.
- The use of the Cask Marque logo on all merchandising and stationery. This shows a commitment to best practice and cask.
- Our team of Roger Clayson and Annabel Smith are available to advise on increasing profitability from cask ale sales.
- The team can devise bespoke solutions to grow sales and profits whether through quality initiatives or training.
- We can support company initiatives both internally by presentations and externally through PR.
- Membership gives the opportunity to link your company name with Cask Marque and generate PR.
- Supporting Cask Marque drives the cask category by helping Cask Marque achieve its objectives.
- Monthly billing of sponsorship and project work.
- Cask Marque will monitor on each renewal that the sponsor’s brands are still being stocked by a pub to ensure that the investment by the sponsoring brewer generates extra sales.
- Access to online reporting to monitor your pubs’ performance
- Access to current and historical information on who is stocking your brands and the results
- Notification within 24 hours where a beer has failed a Cask Marque inspection and recommended action required.
- Industry analysis of visits ie glass care and the ability to benchmark your beer quality performance against other competitors.
- Link your company into retailer quality initiatives thus supporting your customers.
- Members discount on training courses and project work.
- Company links from our website.
- If a brewery we will include details of your brewery trips on www.visitabrewery.co.uk a consumer website.
- Annual invitation to join the Company AGM.
POINT OF SALE
One of the many benefits of joining Cask Marque is that Point of Sale materials are free of charge (excluding the plaque which is available at cost price of £30 + VAT).
The contents of the Cask Marque Point of Sale kit includes:
- Plaque for outside wall
- Window sticker
- Pump clip stickers
- Charters & Information
- Bar runners
- Pub finder cards
- Drip mats
- Framed Certificate
SEE WHAT OUR MEMBERS HAVE TO SAY
THE CASK MARQUE SPONSORS
Cask Marque is supported by many companies in the brewing industry. Sponsors support their pubs or customers by sponsoring them in order to gain Cask Marque Accreditation.
Should a pub fail an inspection, the sponsor will provide advice on how to remedy the problem. Below are current Cask Marque sponsors; if you stock beers from, or are owned by, one of the following, there is a possibility they will sponsor you. All sponsorship must be agreed with the brewer or pub company, though we may be able to assist in requesting permission. For more information, please call us on 01206 752212 or email [email protected].