As we turn our attention to reopening pubs, it’s important to consider how to maximise profitability whilst being mindful of all the Government restrictions.
Research undertaken by Cask Marque for a major pub group shows that taking an ‘ok cellar’ to a ‘5* cellar’ will:
- Increase lager yields by 2%
- Increase cask yields by 8%
- Lost pints reduced by 26%
Separate analysis from Vianet shows that a great cellar can increase sales volume by 5%. Just by improving yields alone the potential increased profitability on an average pub, selling 150 barrels of beer, is equivalent to £3000+ of extra sales.
With face to face training on hold, Cask Marque has developed a series of online Cask Masterclass tutorials. Each hour-long tutorial is hosted live by a Cask Marque expert via Zoom with the opportunity for participants to interact with the tutor.
By attending the tutorials you will:
- Understand the difference between cask beer and other beer
- Know how to achieve a “5 Star Rated” cask beer cellar
- Be able to condition cask beer correctly using a variety of methods
- Understand the bar standards required to deliver a perfect pint of cask beer
- Be able to identify the causes of common faults and how to rectify them
Each 60 minute Cask Masterclass tutorial contains a blend of information slides, videos, exercises and quizzes, with supporting handouts and checklists available for participants to access in between sessions. The 5 tutorials are delivered over a two week period.
Paul Nunny Director of Cask Marque said “We have successful trailed the course modules and now held our first live event. The feedback from the 25 delegates attending was very rewarding and 100% of the delegates said they would recommend the training to their colleagues”.
Learn more about the course content, format, and costs by ringing Cask Marque on 01206 752212 or you can visit our website.