80% of drinkers are interested in going to beer tastings during Cask Ale Week. Many breweries already offer tours, so why not use this opportunity to highlight what you offer, show off the quality of your beer, and bring more people to your brewery?
Cask Ale Week is a great way to:
- get more people into your brewery
- promote your beers
- get people interested in beer and the brewing process
- reward loyal cask drinkers
- introduce new drinkers to cask
- generate buzz and a celebratory feel good factor
- sell more cask!
There are many different ways in which to do this. The flexibility of Cask Ale Week means that you can always find a unique way to showcase your brewery and beers. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Run a Brewery Open Day – open your doors, show off your brewery and celebrate Britain’s national drink!
- Host a Beer Festival. Research shows that 65% of people are interested in going to beer festivals during Cask Ale Week.
- Run a Tap Takeover to launch Cask Ale Week, highlighting what you have to offer in a fun and interesting way
- Offer Free Tours and Tastings for winners of competition organised with local press, allowing you to gain goodwill from the public, coverage for your brewery, and subsequently customers who will seek out your beers
- Organise special VIP Tours and Tastings with Head Brewer for launch of Cask Ale Week
- Tour and Tasting with a Beer Sommelier/Beer Writer/Brewer
- Tutored Beer Tastings for wine buffs seeking out a new experience. Ale is often not seen as the sophisticated, varied drink that it is. This could highlight ales complex nature to those usually opting for wine.
- Work with a local food producer/supplier to run beer and food matching event.
- Competition to ‘Name a Beer’ brewed specially for Cask Ale Week. Run a competition with the local press and via social media, and get consumers interested and participating with your brewery.
Don’t miss the opportunity to use Cask Ale Week to bring benefit to your business.
- Start planning your Cask Ale Week event now!
- Add your event to the Cask Ale Week website http://caskaleweek.co.uk/add-event/
- Post details on the Cask Ale Week Facebook page
- Include @caskaleweek in any Twitter postings so we can support with retweets/comments
- PR your event: invite the local press /media along – set up a photo opportunity!
Make sure to include the Cask Ale Week logo in your marketing and promotional materials. It and its components can be downloaded at http://caskaleweek.co.uk/info-media/download-logos-and-templates/
For more information please contact [email protected]