The BII has unveiled the winners of the 2019 National Innovation in Training Awards, their national awards programme celebrating the very best in training excellence and innovation within the licensed industry.
Hosted again this year at the Café de Paris in London’s West End, the range of NITA award categories are designed to showcase both individuals and businesses operating in today’s licensed retail sector who demonstrate that they are truly putting their people first, with innovative training programmes that encourage long-term careers in the sector.
The BII’s CEO Mike Clist said: “The NITAs are a vital part of recognising and celebrating the most successful individuals and businesses in the licensed retail market today. All the finalists have shown that they value, support and champion their people by continuing to invest in and develop their training programmes. Encouraging further innovation in our fantastic industry is key to ensure businesses thrive for years to come. Congratulations to all our winners.”
- Best Casual Dining Training Programme: The Grey Mare Sponsored by CPL Online
- Best Training Programme – Leased & Tenanted: Greene King Sponsored by Yapster
- Best Training Programme – Managed Under 50: Brewhouse & Kitchen Sponsored by Greene King
- Best Training Programme – Managed Over 50: Brewdog Sponsored by Bums on Seats
- HR Manager of the Year: Lee Woolley Sponsored by Bizimply
- Best Apprenticeship Training Programme: Fuller, Smith & Turner Sponsored by HIT Training
- Most Innovative Recruitment Strategy: Brewhouse & Kitchen Sponsored by BIIAB
- Professional Trainer of the Year: Alex Double – Brewhouse & Kitchen Sponsored by Venners
The Franca Knowles Lifetime Achievement Award is chosen by a panel, led by Keith Knowles, CEO and founder of Beds & Bars. It identified and recognised an individual working within the on-licensed retail sector who leads by example and demonstrates training and people are at the core of what they do: Winner: Kris Gumbrell
This year’s NITAs are the last to be hosted by BII CEO Mike Clist. His incredible career and the impact he has had on the industry over the last 40 years is something that couldn’t go unmarked, and as such, he has also been recognised with a Franca Knowles Lifetime Achievement award.