The BBPA and Pub & Bar magazine have launched the BBPA Annual Dinner and Awards for 2017, continuing a partnership that is now in its third year. Prospective entrants have until Friday 25th August to submit their bids for victory in one of four categories.
The BBPA’s Annual Dinner and Awards ceremony, a must-attend event for brewers and the on-trade, will take place on Wednesday, 11thOctober, and will once again be returning to the Royal Garden Hotel in Kensington, London.
The BBPA Industry Awards for 2017 will build on the success of a revamped format, first seen in 2016, when the organization received a record number of entries across the following four categories, which are returning for this year:
- Off-trade Retailer Award 2017
- This award seeks to reward a retailer which has given consumers an exceptional beer offer throughout its stores.
- 2016 winner: Waitrose
- Beer Champion 2017
- The BBPA Beer Champion Award looks to recognise companies that have successfully sought to promote, improve and celebrate beer.
- 2016 winner: St Austell
- Pub Champion 2017
- The title of Pub Champion 2017 will go to a company that has worked to secure pubs for future generations.
- 2016 winner: Palmers
- BBPA Heart of the Community Award 2017
- This award will go to a company that has demonstrated an exceptional commitment to its local community.
- 2016 winner: Joseph Holt’s
The BBPA Industry Awards are free to enter, and will be awarded through an application process followed by a decision from a panel of expert judges.
Brigid Simmonds, Chief Executive, BBPA, comments: “The BBPA Annual Dinner and Awards 2017 will see us continue our successful partnership with Pub & Bar magazine that has delivered two great nights thus far.
“The awards recognize the valuable contribution the brewing and pub sector makes across our economy and society. I’m looking forward to seeing the entries we receive this year, given that the quality of entries was so high in 2016.”