SIBA BeerX 2016, the leading annual showcase for independent brewers, will be held at the iceSheffield arena in Sheffield from March 16-19. The March craft beer ‘fest’ will showcase more than 250 beers.
The BeerX festival is organised annually by the Society’s members. More than 250 cask, keg, bottled and canned beers produced by SIBA’s membership of independent craft brewers will be available throughout the four days of the festival. SIBA said: “Most of the festival beers are SIBA regional or national awards winners. So the best of the best will be available.”
- Wednesday 16th March: Announcement of SIBA’s National Beer Awards
- Thursday 17th March Announcement of The SIBA Business Awards, including new craft beer retail categories
- New research revealed: SIBA will be releasing new consumer and industry research on the growth of craft beer in the UK
- Key note speakers include Simon Spillane, Director at Brewers of Europe, Steve Hindy, Co-founder of Brooklyn Brewery and Sir Gary Verity CEO of Welcome to Yorkshire – plus many more seminars, speakers and workshops
- 20 brewery bars will feature at BeerX for the first time, run by the breweries themselves
- SIBA has teamed up with UK Trade and Investment to offer breweries, interested in exporting, the unique opportunity to meet beer buyers from around the world at a series of workshops, seminars and ‘Meet the Buyer’ sessions with overseas buyers
There will also be great music, delicious food and live sport to enjoy over the weekend.
BeerX is being sponsored for the first time by NFU Mutual.