Many licensees ask us what the commercial benefits of joining Cask Marque are. Does it really increase sales of cask ale? Does it have a positive benefit on business and can it increase the number of customers visiting your pub?
Cask Marque conducted a survey of over 1,000 random Cask Marque accredited licensees to see if they had benefited from having the accreditation. The results surprised even us!
- Over half the accredited sites we interviewed said their customers know Cask Marque was a ‘badge of quality’ for beer
- 88% of pubs who responded reported they had seen increased sales since gaining the accreditation
- 98% of accredited outlets said they would recommend the scheme to other licensees
Let’s look at some of the facts about Cask Ale published in the 2014-15 Cask Report.
- Cask beer outperforms other beer categories in the on-trade by 4.5%
- 634 million pints of cask ale sold every year
- Female and young cask ale drinkers are the two fastest growing sectors
- Increasing share – now almost 60% of on-trade ale (up from about 50% last year)