Available free for iPhone and Android phones, CaskFinder has been downloaded by over 80,000 people and is used over 50,000 times each month to find Cask Marque pubs selling great quality real ale.
View tasting notes for over 1,400 cask ales, brewed by over 200 British breweries, as well as details of beer festivals around the country and more.Read More
Since 1997 Cask Marque has been ensuring that the real ale you drink in pubs in the UK has been in perfect condition. Our 45 qualified assessors make over 18,000 visits to pubs in England, Scotland, Wales and even Europe to check the temperature, appearance, aroma and taste of Britain's favourite drink.
Visit a Cask Marque accredited pub and you are guaranteed to receive a great pint of cask ale.Read More
Find real ale pubs with our easy to use pub finder. There are over 8,000 to choose from so why not see which pubs near you are serving great quality cask ale?
You can see who owns pubs and find similar pubs from a chain, or even see what beers were on sale when we last visited. All pubs are regularly visited by our qualified assessors to ensure you are guaranteed a great pint, every time.Read More
In a recent NOP Survey, 57% of cask ale drinkers recognised the Cask Marque plaque and 62% related the sign to beer quality.
Interestingly, awareness is higher; 67% in the 21 to 44yr old category, which must in some part be due to the CaskFinder app, which is used over 60,000 times per month to find Cask Marque Pubs.Read More
Beer is the most profitable part of your business, but do you know that 34% of customers would not return if the quality of the pint served was poor?
The Award in Beer and Cellar Quality is a Bii accredited training course and is designed to help you improve yields (by up to 7%), increase sales (3%) and decrease wastage.
Cask Marque are the UK’s No 1 provider of Cellar Management Training with a team of experienced trainers passionate about getting beer quality right, first time.Read More
The advantage we have over many other companies is that our independent assessors are qualified to taste beer, identify problem issues and very often deal with them whilst on site. If further action by a technical services representative is required we can make sure that they are called out with a specific brief and that their call is not wasted helping you to save money.
We prefer to do audits with a degree of interaction with the staff to gain the maximum amount of information possible during the visit and even to provide training and advice whilst we are there but can tailor our work to suit whatever you are trying to achieve.
As we visit over 15,000 pubs a year it is very easy for us to check lagers and other drinks whilst we are at the pub. This keeps the cost down hugely compared to specific targeted mystery drinkers and brings in a steady stream of data over a period of time at a very competitive price.
As with all the work we carry out our assessors are often able to identify the cause of any problems they may encounter and either rectify the issue there and then or else point the licensee in the right direction for resolving the problem in the quickest and most efficient way.
The Independent Award for pubs serving great quality cask ale.
|Feedback on beer quality|
The process that happens for a pub to gain the award is as follows. If you are a pub which is interested in finding out more about Cask Marque and how you can get involved please visit the trade section of the website.
1. A pub must apply to gain Cask Marque membership. There is a nominal fee involved but as a not for profit organisation any money made is reinvested promoting the pubs in the scheme. If you think your pub deserves to be recognised by Cask Marque please let us have details of the pub and the name of the licensee and we will contact them directly.
2. Within 4 weeks of applying to join, the pub will receive an unannounced visit from one of our 45 qualified assessors. Assessors are qualified brewers with significant industry experience in all aspects of beer and cellar management. All the beers on sale (up to a maximum of 6) will be tested for temperature, appearance, aroma and taste. If each beer reaches the required standard then the pub will pass the visit. A further visit will be made within another 4 weeks and if this too is passed the pub will gain the award and will be sent the plaque for outside the pub and a framed dated certificate and other point of sale materials for inside the pub.
3. For a beer to score 100% on the visit it must be dispensed at between 10 and 14°C. These temperature guidelines are recommended by virtually all major brewers. Occasionally a brewer will stipulate that their beer should be dispensed at slightly different temperatures in which case we will take this into account. All beers should be served to the Cask Marque assessor exactly as they would be served to a customer.
4. The award is renewable every 12 months and 2 visits will be conducted each year, ideally one in the summer and one in the winter to ensure that the equipment installed can cope with both warm and cold temperatures whilst still dispensing beer correctly.
5. If any beers fail the audit then the assessor, where invited, will always try and identify the cause of the problem and where possible rectify it and/or provide on site training and guidance in how to avoid the problem in the future.