What is the course?
- The Award in Beer & Cellar Quality
- A one day course delivered by a team of experienced Cask Marque trainers
- Practical assessments throughout the day followed by a multiple choice test
- Content devised by industry experts
- Designed to ensure all beer is consistently served in perfect condition.
Why would I want to take the course?
- To help increase sales of beer
- To decrease beer wastage
- To improve your beer handling skills
Who is it for?
- Experienced and novice licensees
- All staff involved in beer handling
- As part of an induction programme for new staff
I’ve been in the industry for years. Why would I need a cellar management course?
- Dispense equipment has changed a lot in the last few years. This course brings you the most up to date knowledge and information to help you improve your skills and increase your profitability.
I don’t stock cask ale – is this course suitable for me?
- Yes – the course is about total beer quality, both cask and keg beers
What do I get?
- On passing the test delegates receive the Certificate in Award in Beer and Cellar Quality
- A full colour training and reference manual
What is the pass rate for the test?
- Delegates require a minimum of 23 correct answers out of 30 questions
Is the test marked by the trainer?
- No. The papers are marked independently by the BIIAB
Where do you train?
- Black Sheep Brewery, Masham, North Yorks
- Caledonian Brewing Company, Edinburgh
- Scottish and Newcastle, Tadcaster, Yorks
- Hydes Brewery, Manchester
- Wells and Youngs, Bedford
- Fullers Brewery, Chiswick, London
- Greene King, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
- SA Brains, Cardiff
- Wadworth & Co, Devizes, Wiltshire
- Ringwood Brewery, Ringwood, Hants
I don’t live near one of the venues
- The beauty of Cask Marque training is that we can come to you – see details of our 'Rent a Trainer' scheme below, or book a venue near to your pub
How do I book on a course?
What does it cost?
- Full day course per delegate: £80 + Cost of exam (£16.50) = £96.50 + VAT
- Rent a trainer - Full day course: £575 + Cost of Manuals (£10 per person) + Cost of Exam (£16.50 per person) + VAT. If you want us to invite, chase up and send out certificates to the delegates there is a £50 charge. There is a £50 supplement per course for non Cask Marque corporate members.