Once you are armed with all the technical skills required to get your beer quality right, what’s the next stage? Ensure your team fully understand the beer category, and can recommend products with confidence, passion and professionalism.
A half day (3 hour) workbook led course designed to engage bar staff with the beer category and help them understand flavour styles, matching beer with food, and recommending beer with confidence.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should take this course?
All publicans and bar staff involved in selling beer
What will I learn?
Upon completion of this course, learners will have a clear understanding of:
• Who the beer drinker is today vs yesterday
• How and why the beer category has changed over the past decade
• The importance of the beer category in the current climate
• Raw ingredients of beer and how they impact on flavour
• The difference between cask and keg beers
• How cask ale is conditioned in the cellar
• How to describe beer (flavour, aroma and appearance)
• Brand Product knowledge
• Selling skills
• Marketing and Merchandising Beer
• Food and beer matching
How long does it last?
Where does the course take place?
This course can be delivered on site or at a Centre of Excellence (brewery)
How many people can attend?
What does it cost?
£350 + VAT per session (on site)
£350 + VAT per session + venue costs (at a Centre of Excellence)