Many licensees ask us what the commercial benefits of joining Cask Marque are. Does it really increase sales of cask ale? Does it have a positive benefit on business and can it increase the number of customers visiting your pub?
Cask Marque conducted a survey in January 2012 to see how much licensees had benefitted from having the accreditation. The results even surprised us!
Let’s look at some of the facts about Cask Ale.
TEN REASONS TO JOIN CASK MARQUE
1. The Cask Marque plaque displayed outside the pub says to customers that you are serious about cask ale. 34 % of beer drinkers would not order a second drink if they thought the quality was poor – the Cask Marque plaque is a ‘kite mark’ for quality cask ale
2. Point of sale material is free of charge which includes drip mats, tent cards, window stickers, pump clip stickers and more for you to publicise your success.
3. All accredited pubs are featured on ‘CaskFinder’, a free smartphone app available from to all i-Phone and Android users. The app directs users to their nearest Cask Marque accredited pub, and also tells users what beers are served, as well as ‘Cyclops’ tasting notes on all the beers. Currently over 50,000 beer drinkers are using the app each month to find their nearest Cask Marque accredited pub.
4. Your pub, together with details of its facilities will be listed on the Cask Marque website and hot linked into your own website.
5. A licensee with the Award is entitled to use the Cask Marque logo on all promotional materials, menus and advertising.
6. Cask Marque provide a unique text messaging service for customers to receive names of the two nearest Cask Marque outlets to any town or postcode.
7. If your pub is listed in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide then the Cask Marque logo will appear by the side of your entry (Cask Marque are sponsors of the Good Beer Guide)
8. An opportunity to access Cask Marque cellar management training programmes (Award in Beer and Cellar Quality) at preferential rates. This is a nationally recognised qualification awarded by the British Institute of Innkeeping, and can increase beer sales by up to 7%
9. Cask Marque keep accredited pubs updated regularly with trade news and industry events such as National Cask Ale Week
10. Cask Marque accredited pubs can now be downloaded via lap tops or PC’s to satellite navigation systems including Garmins and Tom Tom. This service is free of charge and will enable cask ale consumers to identify Cask Marque pubs on their point of interest facility, on points of interest near you, at break of journey and end of journey.
‘Join Cask Marque. See your reputation and sales grow’