In celebration of Cask Ale Week, Robinsons Brewery have announced their first ever beer festivals, which will take place at 15 pubs across the North West and Cumbria. The events, which will include beers from Robinsons and a host of other breweries including Fullers, Greene King, Batemans, Black Sheep and Tatton Brewery, mark the first time that the Stockport Brewer has hosted beer festivals with other brewers signature brews.
David Bremner, Director of Marketing for Robinsons Brewery said: “Cask Ale Week is a celebration of British Cask so it seemed only fitting that we branch out and bring in several key beers from other brewers across the country.”
Cask ale reportedly grew 0.2% in 2014 with 642 million pints quaffed across the country and the first 6 months of 2015 have already indicated an increase of 0.5%. The growth is spurred on by what people want from pubs in the modern day – a premium experience that can’t be replicated at home.
“One of the main things that cask ale drinkers like is variety. There are an estimated 11,000 different beers in production by UK breweries alone, so these beer festivals are a great way to give our pub goers a little taste of the diverse and wonderful work that other brewers from around the country are doing.”
Reports show that 51% of cask ale drinkers prefer the taste to other beers and lager as there is more flavour whilst 41% agree that the best place to try different cask ales is at a beer festival.
“16% of cask drinkers tried their first cask ale at beer festivals so this is a great opportunity to introduce a new audience of drinkers to cask beers. The events will be a hugely positive experience not just for our pubs but also for Robinsons customers.”
Robinsons Beer Festivals will run from October 2nd until October 4th at the following Robinsons pubs:
- Bulls Head, Castleton, Derbyshire, S33 8WH
- Bleeding Wolf, Scholar Green, Staffordshire, ST7 3BQ
- Manners, Bakewell, Derbyshire, DE45 1EP
- Boot Inn, Eskdale, Cumbria, CA19 1TG
- Friendship, Glossop, Derbyshire, SK13 7AE
- Grapes, Bamford, Lancashire, OL11 5PN
- Hope and Anchor, Ulverston, Cumbria, LA12 7BD
- Navigation, Marple, Cheshire, SK6 6BD
- Parr Arms, Grappenhall, Cheshire, WA4 3EP
- Red Lion, Pickmere, Cheshire, WA16 0JX
- Silk Trader, Macclesfield, SK11 7AD
- The Snipe, Audenshaw, M34 5RP
- Swan Inn, Wybunbury, Cheshire, CW5 7NA
- Windsor Castle, Marple, Cheshire, SK6 5EJ
- Ye Olde Boot Inn, Whittington, Shropshire, SY11 4DF
Expect a handpicked range of beers from Fullers, Weetwood, Greene King, Batemans, Black Sheep, Woodlands, Salopian, White Horse, Tatton, Beartown and Titanic Breweries