This week we are busy preparing for a Board Meeting on Thursday.
As a non-profit making organisation we are in the enviable position of having a hugely experienced Board who provide their time and experience for no fee; just the satisfaction of helping to improve beer quality in the industry.Better beer is a goal that is shared by all corners of the industry. We try and gain input by having a mixture of representatives from cask ale brewers, lager brewers, managed pub companies, tenanted pub companies and more.
Our current board is made up of
- Alistair Darby, Managing Director of Marston’s Pub Company (tenanted pub co)
- Darran Britton, Marketing Director of Carlsberg UK (lager & cask ale brewer)
- Francis Patton, former Customer Services Director of Punch Taverns (tenanted pub co)
- Mike Bramley, former Managing Director of Mitchells & Butlers (managed pub co)
- Paul Nunny, executive Director of Cask Marque
- Paul Theakston, Chairman of Black Sheep Brewery (cask ale brewer)
- Richard Fuller, Sales Director of Fuller, Smith & Turner (cask ale brewer)
- Steve Magnall, Deputy Managing Director of Greene King (brewer, managed pub co and tenanted pub co)
It is always fascinating to have people from different working backgrounds all debating with the good of the industry at heart and we thank them for the time they give up to help Cask Marque. Cheers!